Do you find yourself proofreading all your colleagues’ work? Are you the de facto content development specialist that always has a great idea for an interesting turn of phrase or unique approach to a stale prompt? If so, we want you to come work with us at Model B.
Our company was founded to help other companies define, target, and engage their key audiences with messaging and imagery that helps to promote growth and influence. From early stage start-ups to Fortune level companies, our work spans an immense variety of clients and we are constantly seeking out opportunities to get into new, exciting fields.
Our immediate opening is for a full-time content associate at our office space in downtown Washington, D.C.. You would work with our client/digital managers and the Executive team to develop original, exquisite content that has the ability to capture and retain the attention of our clients, potential customers, and more.
The ideal candidate would have a creative mind, attention to detail, experience writing a variety of different content types (social media, blog posts, op-eds, web content, etc.), an empathetic mindset that allows you to understand what consumers want to see and hear, some experience with marketing, and – most importantly – must be willing to find ways to solve problems independently and as part of a small (but growing) team.
We are a young company with a flat management structure that enables all new employees to grow with us, and in the direction that they see their career progressing. Our benefits include competitive salaries, a profitsharing plan, and bonus program – as well as accompanying medical, dental, and vision insurance.
What you’ll do:
- Generate social media content for companies and organizations across a wide variety of industries
- Ghost write regular articles on behalf of clients and their executives
- Embellish internal marketing materials and other collateral with interesting words and phrases
- Proofread and edit client proposals and contracts
- Conduct research in a variety of areas, and prepare whitepapers on relevant topics
- Work with marketing team to develop additional collateral material
Who you are:
- Confident: You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative: You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic: You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player: You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Solutions-oriented: You are able to understand and translate business concepts into fun and easy to read written messages.