Our company is built to help companies manage, grow, and influence their marketplace. Our clients range from venture-backed early stage companies, to trade associations and nonprofits, to Fortune-level global enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time, part-time, or project-based Front End Developer to support the web division at our office in downtown, Washington, DC. The Front End Developer will work with the head of our web division to make a myriad of web-based applications and websites beautiful, from internal Model B platforms to enterprise-class builds for our clients, plus a little bit of everything in between.
We have a solid foundation here – we’ve built proprietary processes and tools to help us create – so we’re looking for a self-starter who can work with existing platforms while also adding their own flair. An attention to fine-tuning the things you build is imperative. On both the client side and the internal side, we expect you to be able to help our work shine.
What you’ll do:
- Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Map and develop responsive design websites based on existing brand designs and web frameworks.
- Build beautiful things all day long – of course.
Who you are:
- Confident: You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative: You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic: You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player: You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Coachable: You are receptive to guidance and exhibit a desire to learn.
- Organized: You are focused on details and keeping track of everything.
What you should have:
Our preferred candidate is familiar with both “the old way” and “the new way” when it comes to programming languages – able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and translate build platforms no matter the technology – some general digital advertising or marketing experience is preferred and appreciated, but not necessary.
Additionally, our ideal candidate is driven to task completion, and has a strong entrepreneurial mindset that shows desire to help companies manage and grow in their industry. Some basic experiences that would be helpful are a knowledge of social media, general information about advertising campaigns, and online social media tools. College level education with a major in computer science is less important than your abilities.
- 5+ years of work experience in a related field is a plus, but not required.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages with flexible and reusable code.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Working knowledge and experience with either LAMP or MEAN.
- Comfortable with setting, managing, and delivering on expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards.
- Experience with developing large customer-facing websites.
The good stuff:
The benefits for our full-time employees include:
- Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Bonus program.
- Profit-sharing program.
- Downtown location with easy metro access.
- Company paid professional development.
- Flexible paid vacations.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.