Our company is built to help companies define, target, and engage their key audiences with messaging to drive their growth and influence, from early stage to Fortune-level companies. We have an immediate opening for a full-time or part-time Developer at our office in downtown, Washington, DC. The Developer will work directly with our CEO to build core automation into the operations of our fast-growing company as well as with our client-teams to deliver on our clients’ needs.
We are a young company with a flat management structure that enables new employees to grow with us and share in the economic upside of the value we are collectively creating. We offer a competitive salary and bonus program, as well as benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer and are actively seeking diversity in our staff.
Responsibilities will include translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Experience with responsive/adaptive design is strongly preferred.
Additional front-end/back-end experience expectations
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
Additionally, you have to be somewhat artistic to be successful in this position. We have creatives in our shop, but your ability to translate their creative drawings into products will be important.
The curveball? The ideal candidate will also have a basic understanding of API layers, Action Layers, MVCs, Cloud database integrations, data modeling, and the desire to learn more.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Familiarity with API layer Action Layer / MVC
- Understanding of data migration, transformation, and scripting
Who you are:
- Confident:You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative:You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic:You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player:You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Solutions-oriented:You are able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technologies.
What you should have:
- We do not require degrees in CS or similar. We believe that great teammates come from all walks of life, and may be fully self-taught (as some of us are).
- Multiple years of experience supporting the phases of the Software development lifecycle discussed above. Referenceable material and managers that can share with your great work product.
The good stuff:
- Bonus program
- Eligible for participation in early stage employee profit sharing pool
- Downtown location with easy metro access
- Paid company cell phone plan
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision insuranceLaid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Flexible paid vacations
- Free building parking/public transportation subsidy
- Company paid professional development