Our company is built to help companies manage, grow, and influence their marketplace. Our clients range from venture-backed early stage companies, to trade associations and nonprofits, to Fortune-level global enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time, part-time, or project-based Graphic Designer to support the advertising, content, and web divisions at our office in downtown, Washington, DC. The Graphic Designer will work with the heads of our departments to design a myriad of things, from brand and logo designs to advertising campaign design, plus a little bit of everything in between.
Most of the time, our creations will be based on existing brand guidelines, so being a brand designer isn’t entirely necessary – print and production designers are welcome to apply, too. An excess of creativity is a plus, but an attention to detail is also necessary. We expect you to be able to help our work shine for our clients so that we can do the thing we do best: build beautiful things with you and our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Support our advertising, content, and web divisions with the production of design for advertising campaigns, content campaigns (i.e. social media designs), and web design
- Create and edit a variety of products, including websites, books, magazines, product packaging, websites, exhibitions, corporate identity etc., working with our client management team
- Help us continuously advance the quality of our work, integrating modern, innovative design concepts across the variety of work that we produce
- Use brand guidelines from our clients to ensure that their brand stays consistent and shines through in everything that we create for them
- Build beautiful things all day long – of course
Who you are:
- Confident:You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative:You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic:You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player:You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Coachable:You are receptive to guidance and exhibit a desire to learn.
- Organized: You are focused on details and keeping track of everything.
What you should have:
Our preferred candidate lives, eats, and breathes design – your desk is probably organized by color, and chances are high that your Instagram is on point. They must be adept in Adobe Creative Suite and have a logical grasp of how to translate messaging (i.e. ad copy) into visuals that pack a punch.
Additionally, our ideal candidate is driven to task completion, and has a strong entrepreneurial mindset that shows desire to help companies manage and grow in their industry. Some basic experiences that would be helpful are a knowledge of social media, general information about advertising campaigns, and online social media tools. College level education with a major in design preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of work experience in a related field is a plus, but not required
- Will consider recent graduates
- Excellent eye for design for both web and print
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working as part of a team with clients, vendors, copywriters, managers, executives etc.
- Comfortable with leading creative brainstorming sessions
The good stuff:
The benefits for our full-time employees include:
- Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Bonus program
- Profit-sharing program
- Downtown location with easy metro access
- Company paid professional development
- Flexible paid vacations
- Medical/dental/vision insurance